Recently I’ve made so many brownies, treating myself, for family, sent them in the mail to friends. And every time I have made them I’ve made slightly different tweaks in them all. I have finally come up with my perfect Brownie recipe. It is actually shocking how easy it is, not to mention takes 10minutes to prepare before baking! I’ve perfected it, if I can say that myself.
You will need:
- 1/2 cup of Salted Butter
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Plain Flour
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup of Chocolate chunks/ chips
- Before you get started preheat the oven to 175°C. I’d also prepare your baking tray first by lining it with grease proof/ baking paper, I’ve lined a 24cm x 24cm baking tin.
- Mix together the butter and sugar until paler in colour and fluffy. Then go in with one egg at a time till its all fully combined.
- Now, fold in all the rest of your dry ingredients- the baking powder, salt, flour, cocoa powder and the chunks of chocolate. I went for milk chocolate with hazelnuts this time but you can use any chocolate you prefer.
- Spread the brownie batter into your baking tray and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- It’s completely normal when you do the skewer test if the skewer doesn’t come out completely clean. It doesn’t mean its not cooked they’re just that gooogey! Try your hardest to let them cool completely as this develops the harden exterior before cutting and devouring!
This is the first recipe I’m sharing on my blog. I’m hoping to add a lot more to my Chatty Belly archive! Please do let me know if you try them out- would really appreciate the feedback!